This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Are you looking for the perfect gift for the outdoorsy guy in your life? Whether you’re searching for gift ideas for your husband, boyfriend, dad, grandfather, or brother, this list has you covered. The ideas range in price and work for Father’s Day, Christmas, or just because!
25 Gift Ideas for the Outdoorsman
In this list, you will find some helpful ideas of products to have on hand when camping, hiking, hunting, grilling, and more. My husband, Chase, has many of these products, so I asked him to give some insight on why he thought they would make great gifts. He shared his thoughts next to each product below. Happy shopping!
Camping & Hiking
- Backpack – The North Face makes some quality backpacks, and because there are so many styles and colors, you can often find them at a discount.
- Dry sack – Dry sacks are extremely underrated. They are waterproof, air tight, and perfect for storing your small items and keeping them dry. On a recent trip to the beach, we used one to store our phones, wallet, and keys. There are many colors and sizes to choose from.
- Camping chair – Comfort is really important when getting into the great outdoors, and a good camping chair can make all the difference!
- Headlamp – Black Diamond makes some really quality and practical lights. The Spot is my favorite headlamp because of its durability and ease of use.
- Binoculars – Getting close to wildlife in the outdoors can be tough, so having a good pair of binoculars can help you catch a closer glimpse from a safe distance and create great memories for your kids.
- Knife – CRKT is a great mix of durability and affordability. It’s well-made and will get the job done but won’t break the bank if it gets lost or needs to be replaced.
- ENO hammock – Who doesn’t love the idea of relaxing in a hammock while enjoying Mother Nature? ENO makes products and accessories built around that exact idea in a wide variety of styles and colors.
- Weather radio – Don’t get caught out in a storm without warning. A weather radio can truly be a lifesaver, and every camper needs one.
- Lantern – Lanterns nowadays are becoming safer and more efficient, most using LED technology. They are also lighter weight and much more compact.
- REI gift card – When in doubt of what to get your favorite camper, let them choose! I could spend hours walking around REI and dreaming.
Apparel, Accessories & Shoes
- Rain jacket – A good rain jacket is a must-have. I recommend one that is packable so it can easily be thrown in a backpack or pocket.
- Columbia fleece jacket – Layers are really important when camping and hiking in changing climates. Columbia makes comfortable fleece products in a variety of styles and colors.
- Camo – Hunter or not, everyone needs some camo in their wardrobe.
- T-shirt – I love American Apparel track t-shirts. There are a wide variety of colors, and the comfort is second to none. They do fit slightly smaller than your average shirt.
- Patagonia hat – Patagonia makes the most comfortable snap-back, mesh trucker hats I’ve worn, and there are many different styles to choose from.
- Beanie – Much like a rain jacket and a fleece, a beanie is a good thing to have on a chilly day or night.
- LaCrosse mud boots – LaCrosse makes really quality mud and hunting boots. I’ve had numerous pairs of mud boots, but none have outlasted my LaCrosse.
- Darn Tough socks – These socks are made in the USA, have an unconditional lifetime warranty, and are the most comfortable socks I’ve ever worn.
- Polarized sunglasses – Polarized sunglasses contain a special filter that reduces glare, especially on the water, which means you can see more clearly and see more fish.
Food & Drink
- Soft cooler – Soft coolers are ideal for road trips and throwing over your shoulder to take on a picnic or to the beach.
- Tumbler – I’ve used my stainless tumbler nearly every day for the last three years. I couldn’t be more impressed. I prefer the RTIC brand for value and quality.
- Lodge carbon steel skillet – This Lodge pan is made of carbon steel and has similar properties to cast iron, so it heats extremely evenly. You can use it on your stove, grill, or over a campfire. Plus, Lodge has great video resources for how to use and care for their products.
- Rib rack – Ribs are delicious but can take up a lot of space in your smoker, grill, or oven. This is no longer an issue with a rib rack!
- Truck cargo net – Cargo nets are a great way to secure loose items in the bed of your truck. They can be used for road trips, moving, or hauling around your kids’ sporting equipment.
- Truck tie downs – Whether hauling lumber, furniture, or camping gear, truck tie downs are a must for keeping your load secured.
What are your favorite gift ideas for the outdoorsman in your life?
Below are some great resources for shopping, saving money, making money, and more!
I don’t know what I would do without Amazon Prime! With its free two-day shipping (sometimes same-day or next-day), it’s extremely convenient. I have found it to be reliable as well. They make it so easy to order just about anything on their website, and they will deliver it to my front porch for free. Free two-day shipping is just one of the benefits. With Amazon Prime, you also get Prime Instant Video, Prime Music, and Prime Photos. You can try Amazon Prime by clicking here for a 30-Day Free Trial.